The Coolmore Lexington Stakes 2012 racing picks, post positions & odds are out and we are now fully prepared for one of the final tune-ups before the 2012 Kentucky Derby. The Coolmore Lexington Stakes 2012 takes this Saturday from Keeneland, as 11 thoroughbreds will be competing for a $200,000 purse. The first-place winner would receive $120,000 and all the horse-racing action gets underway at 5:30 PM ET.
Early on, Bob Baffert’s Castaway is listed as the clear betting odds favorite to win one of the final trials before the Run for the Roses. Listed as a +300 favorite, Castaway is currently 25th on the money list with $162,000 in winnings.
A victory at the Coolmore Lexington Stakes 2012 would put him at $282,000 and into a tie for 17th-place with Went the Day Well. If so, that would be enough for Castaway to compete at the May 5th Kentucky Derby, as he would be well inside the top 20 on the money list. However, a second place finish would not get it done in this race, as the runner-up would only receive a total of $40,000. Get your free racing picks here!
Other contenders include: Summer Front [+350], News Pending [+400] and Morgan’s Guerrilla [+500]. In the case of Morgan’s Guerrilla, this course could put himself in position to eventually become eligible for the Kentucky Derby with a win as well. With a chance to move into the 24th spot in the money list, Morgan’s Guerrilla’s trainer Tom Conway is trying to avoid not getting too far ahead of himself.
“That would be his third race in four weeks,” he said. “I’d love to win the Preakness with him. He had a terrible trip in the Illinois Derby. We think he’s a really nice horse. So we’d like to make the Preakness with him and all the big dances thereafter.”
The following is a complete list of Coolmore Lexington odds:
- PP – Horse – Jockey – Trainer – Odds
- 1 – Morgan’s Guerrilla – Julien Leparoux – Michael J. Maker – 6/1
- 2 – Summer Front – Ramon A. Dominguez – Christophe Clement – 9/2
- 3 – Johanesbourbon – Garrett K. Gomez – Kellyn Gorder – 8/1
- 4 – Skyring – Jon K. Court – D. Wayne Lukas – 30/1
- 5 – Golden Ticket – Manoel R. Cruz – Kenneth G. McPeek – 6/1
- 6 – Holiday Promise – Junior Alvarado – Todd A. Pletcher – 6/1
- 7 – Castaway – Shaun X. Brdigmohan – Bob Baffert – 3/1
- 8 – Hammers Terror – Robbie J. Albarado – Michael Stidham – 30/1
- 9 – All Squared Away – Julio A. Garcia – Wesley A. Ward – 50/1
- 10 – News Pending – Kent J. Desormeaux – Dale Romans – 5/1
- 11 – Gold Megillah – John R. Velazquez – H. Graham Motion – 10/1
OSH Coolmore Lexington Stakes 2012 racing picks, post positions & odds prediction: Castaway [3/1]
If you’re looking for the inside edge, subscribe to our free sports picks newsletter and get the insight you need to make an informed decision from the top Coolmore Lexington Stakes 2012 racing picks, post positions & odds handicapping experts before every sports wager!