Super Bowl Sunday is finally here and hopefully football fans are in store for something more pleasant than what was foisted on them last year. If the NFL odds makers at Bovada.lv and Sportsbook.ag are correct, they are, indeed, about to witness a nail biting Super Bowl XLIX finish. Opening Super Bowl point spreads at Bovada were favoring the Patriots at -1 while Sportsbook had New England at -1.5. The latest 2015 Superbowl odds update from Bovada features the defending champion Seahawks as a +1.5 underdog while Sportsbook has backed its line down to +/- 1.
Tom Brady and company were a -120 money line selection last week ($120 wins $100), but they are now a -115 play. A straight up wager on Seattle was an even +100 on January 20 ($100 wins $100); that money line price is set at -105 this morning.
Below are a few NFL betting odds trends to consider on each squad before you make your final 2015 Superbowl point spreads and money line selections.
Seattle Seahawks Trends:
- The Over is 7-1 in the Seahawks last eight games coming off a win in which they threw for 209 or fewer yards.
- Seattle is 5-3 straight up and 7-1 against the spread in its last eight games playing as an underdog coming off a win in which it threw for 209 or fewer yards.
- The Seahawks are 6-0 straight up in their last six games coming off a win and 10 or more days rest.
New England Patriots Trends:
- The Over is 6-1 in the Patriots last six games when they are coming off 10 or more days rest and having scored 30 or more points in their previous outing.
- New England is 3-4 straight up and 2-5 against the spread in its last seven games playing as a favorite coming off back-to-back home wins.
- The Patriots are 1-5 against the spread in their last six games when coming off three consecutive home games.
Seahawks vs Patriots 2015 Superbowl Odds Update: NFL Point Spreads Provided by Bovada.lv and Sportsbook.ag
Bovada.lv Opening 2015 Superbowl Point Spread
New England Patriots -1 (-110), Over 49.5 (-110)
Seattle Seahawks +1 (-110), Under 49.5 (-110
Bovada.lv Current 2015 Superbowl Point Spread
New England Patriots -1.5 (-110), Over 47.5 (-110)
Seattle Seahawks +1.5 (-110), Under 47.5 (-110)