Coming off an instant classic against the Dallas Cowboys, the red-hot Green Bay Packers travel to the ATL to take on the high-flying Atlanta Falcons in the 2017 NFC Conference Championship game. NFL playoff predictions oddsmakers wasted no time in posting the opening point spreads for this contest, which enables us to issue our winning picks for what should be a barnburner.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia, will be the site for a game that will decide who will represent the National Football Conference in this year’s Super Bowl. Opening kickoff is scheduled for Sunday at 3:05 p.m. ET live on FOX. According to NFL betting oddsmakers, Aaron Rodgers & Co. will have to defy things yet again away from home.
That’s because opening point spreads for this contest have the Falcons (-4) listed as four-point favorites and the Packers (+4) as underdogs by the same margin. The Over-Under is set at a combined total of 60.5 points and straight-up money lines go as follows: Green Bay (+155) vs. Atlanta (-175).
Even though it’s early, there’s so much excitement in these 2017 NFL playoffs that people are shooting out predictions and making predictions left and right. The first thing I would like to focus on is the NFC playoff predictions’ general consensus, which gives us an idea of how people are betting in this game.
As of Monday morning, a whopping 74 percent of the NFC betting population believes that the Packers are the best to make with a cushion of two safeties. That leaves us with only 26 percent of folks who beg to differ, as they believe the Dirty Birds are more than capable of besting Green Bay by at least a handful of points.
As far as the Over-Under goes, things are a little closer in this pro football 2017 showdown. Currently, 60m percent of the people believe these teams will eclipse the 60.5-point mark, while only 40 sees this game as a more defensive one. When making NFL playoff predictions, one other area I like to focus on is on the betting trends in this matchup, as well as those that apply to each team individually.
In this instance, there are three head-to-head trends to consider. First, pro football betting experts must take into account that the road team comes in with a perfect 5-0 ATS record in their last 5 head-to-heads between Green Bay and Atlanta. In addition, the Packers are also 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings at the Georgia Dome, and finally, the underdog is a whopping 8-2 in their last 10 ATS meetings against the pro football odds.
- NFL Playoff Predictions 2017: Green Bay Packers +4