The lone college football game happening tonight happens to be one everyone seems to have an opinion about. A sold-out crowd will fill the Mercedes-Benz Superdome tonight as the Florida Gators take on the Louisville Cardinals in the Sugar Bowl predictions 2013.
Opening kickoff for this lopsided affair is slated for 8:30 PM ET from New Orleans, LA, ands it’ll be broadcast live on ESPN. College football point spreads specialists list the University of Florida (-14) as a two-touchdown favorite over the unappreciated Cardinals (+14).
For the Gators, they finished the year ranked third in the nation, and yet they didn’t get a chance to play for a conference championship or a BCS National Title, but as they say, “That’s life in the SEC.” So instead, the 11-1 Gators will have to settle for the Sugar Bowl and a chance to beat up Louisville as the means to get there.
This will be Florida’s seventh time competing in a BCS bowl game, the most among SEC teams and tied for third best in the nation. A win for UF tonight would make it five consecutive BCS bowl victories for this storied football program, which would be a BCS record.
In the case of the Cardinals, not too many people believe that this team has any business stepping on the same field with Florida. Despite winning the Big East Conference title after a 10-2 season, Louisville lost two critical games against unranked teams (Syracuse and Connecticut).
Seemingly outmatched in every statistical category, not too many people are giving Louisville a shot versus UF tonight. To be exact, only 38% of the betting population believes this team is capable of covering, versus 62% of those who like the Gators at -14. Finally, here are some ATS betting trends worth revising before investing on either team.
Florida Gators ATS trends:
- Cardinals are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Cardinals are 7-2 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Cardinals are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after allowing less than 20 points in their previous game.
- Cardinals are 35-17 ATS in their last 52 non-conference games.
- Cardinals are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
Louisville Cardinals ATS trends:
- Gators are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 bowl games.
- Gators are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January.
- Gators are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Bowl games.
- Gators are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Gators are 19-7-1 ATS in their last 27 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- OSH Free Sugar Bowl Predictions 2013: Florida Gators (-14)
If you’re looking for the inside edge, subscribe to our free sports picks newsletter and get the insight you need to make an informed decision from the top Sugar Bowl 2013 handicapping experts before every sports wager!