2010 MLB NL West Division Betting Odds: Don’t sleep on the N.L West when doing your MLB predictions for the 2010 season. The division boasts teams with good pitching and plenty of young talent that could produce a 2010 World Series sleeper. Below is an glance at the West teams with our MLB predictions projected order of finish.
1. Colorado Rockies +150 NL West Division Betting Odds: The Rockies are a well-rounded team with solid pitching and an excellent lineup. The Rockies play air tight defense, have a deep bench, and boast a true ace in the rotation with Ubaldo Jimenez. Colorado can score runs in bunches and their bullpen has a true stopper in Huston Street.
2. San Francisco Giants +220 NL West Division Betting Odds: The San Francisco Giants have great pitching with an outstanding starting rotation led by Tim Lincecum. The Giants are deep and well-coached but their lineup is only mediocre. The Giants lineup has the potential to be above-average if super stud rookie catcher Buster Posey is as good as advertised. The San Francisco Giants 2010 World Series Odds MLB Betting Moneyline is at +2000.
3. Los Angeles Dodgers +200 NL West Division Betting Odds: The Dodgers are an above-average MLB team but they have some question marks. L.A only has one elite talent in the rotation in youngster Clayton Kershaw. The hitting is also suspect if Manny Ramirez fails to return to form. The team has one of the best skippers in Joe Torre and some talent on the pine but they lack intensity. The L.A Dodgers 2010 World Series Odds MLB Betting Moneyline is at +1600.
4. Arizona Diamondbacks: +350 NL West Division Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks have some upside with some decent pitching that will benefit from getting ace Brandon Webb back from injury. Unfortunately the Diamondbacks are short on coaching, defense and overall team makeup. The Arizona Diamondbacks 2010 World Series Odds MLB Betting Moneyline is at +3300.
5. San Diego Padres: +3000 NL West Division Betting Odds: The San Diego Padres are short on talent and ill equipped to play in their massive PETCO park. The pitching is average overall with a good closer but the lineup is weak and slow. The San Diego Padres 2010 World Series Odds MLB Betting Moneyline is at +10000.